Do you know for sure you will go to heaven when you die? The Bible says you can know.
I John 5:13 says, "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life. "You to can know you have eternal life if you:
1. Realize that you are a sinner. The Bible says,"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
2. Realize because of sin each of us deserves God's punishment in hell. Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
3. Realize that God loved us so much that He sent Jesus Christ to suffer in hell in our place. Romans 5:8,"While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." I Corinthians 15:4, "And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."
4. Realize that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.
John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Eternal life is a gift- Romans 6:23 says, "The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
5. Receive Him as your substitute for sin and hell by simple asking Him to save you. Romans 10:13, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved."
6. To receive Christ simply pray the way millions have done through the ages: "Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and that without You my sin would condemn me to hell. I know I can obtain heaven no other way but through Jesus Christ and the payment that You have made through Your death, burial, and resurrection on my behalf. I know choose to receive You, Jesus Christ, by faith as my personal Saviour and ask You to save me
according to Your promise. Thank You Jesus for saving my soul! Amen"
7. Once you are saved it is important to read your Bible daily, pray, and meet with people of like Christian faith. We have just that place for you here at Lighthouse Baptist Church.
8. If you have made a decision to trust Christ as your Saviour, please feel free to contact us.